Christmas

Christmas at the Garners 2016

10:16:00 AM


Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, and this year was no different! On Christmas Eve we always go to my Grandmother's house (dad's side) and have a big dinner, exchange presents, and hang out! Good food, gift giving, and togetherness... right up my alley!

We come home, head to bed, and wake up the next morning to presents under the tree and lots of love filling the air! There's nothing quite like a Christmas morning at the Garners (maybe I'm biased). We wake up, all go downstairs, and look at everything Santa brought ;). Stockings and Santa gifts are still so fun! We all sit down and open them up in no rush at all. Now that we're all a little older, we go get some coffee and relax while sorting all of the presents. We all have our little section in the living room and we open up presents one at a time, in a rotation. A lot of people think it's weird, but we all get to see what everyone gets, and it is so much fun this way! After all, if you spend months preparing for this day, you might as well make it last as long as possible! We normally take a little intermission and my dad cooks us all omelets and we have mimosas. Then, back to finish the last few presents. After presents, we clean up and then relaaaaax! A good nap or two is good for the soul and Christmas day is perfect for that. We get cleaned up and have my Mom's side of the family over for dinner and exchange presents. Although, next year I'm suggesting Christmas pajamas so that I don't have to change at all that day :) Christmas at the Garners is laid back, sometimes a few tears, but always full of love, laughter, and giving thanks. 

Here's a few pictures from our Christmas 2016.
Christmas Eve at my Mamaw's house
A few Christmas morning pictures to follow...
We finished off the night playing Speak Out! This game is the best!

This Christmas season we tried to soak up every bit of Christmas cheer. We watched movies all the time, baked Christmas cookies and goodies, looked at Christmas lights, decorated everything... the whole nine yards. I only had a little over three weeks off for Christmas break this year, and it just wasn't long enough. I've never enjoyed the month of December as much as I did this year. I already can't wait for next year! I think I might start watching Christmas movies on November 1 next year :) 

Now it's January and back to school, sigh... Happy New Year!!!

xoxo, B

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.