It's Fall Break!

9:22:00 PM

Where has the time gone!
One second I'm blogging about the first week of school and now we're to midterms. This semester has been full. Not chaotic yet but very full. 

So far this semester we have been checked off on urinary catheter and IV insertion, we've had two OB exams and one Peds exam, some random projects/papers for a professionals class, Simulation, and I just finished my Pediatrics clinical and first verbal care plan.

Starting with check offs... they were a little rocky this semester. Catheter went perfectly, IV not to perfect. I forgot to take the tourniquet off at the correct time. But thankfully on round two everything went perfectly and I could move on!

Exams this semester have been tough, but manageable. First OB exam I made an A, second a B. And my first Peds exam I made an A. So far, so good. But there's a lot more material to be covered in a short amount of time.

Pediatrics clinical has been incredible. Going into this semester I was so afraid that my emotions would take over and being around sick kids would be too much. The only reason I was afraid was because I placed all of my eggs into my pediatrics basket. This is all I had dreamed of doing after nursing school. After my first 12 hour shift, I knew I could do it, and that I thoroughly enjoyed being with kids just like I had imagined. Speaking of 12 hours, those are long, and hard. Props to all nurses who do them, because by the end of every clinical all I want to do is crawl into bed and not wake up for at least 12 more hours. This clinical rotation has taught me so much. I've learned some of life's greatest lessons from a six year old. Kids are so resilient, so fearless, so strong. Pediatrics is unlike any other, and I can't wait to plant my roots here one day. I'm so blessed by this rotation and am sad to be moving on, but I'm now on my way to Labor & Delivery clinicals.

Coming up this semester: We have two more OB exams, two more Peds exams, a professionals paper and presentation, OB ATI exam, Peds ATI exam, OB final, Peds final, and OB care plan. Whew! That's a lot to fit into less than two months.

Here's to staying half-way sane and finishing the semester strong! 
XOXO, Bailey

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.